Kanban Cadences (KMP 2)
Alternative date/venue: KMP 2 - London, UK - October 24th - 25th.
This 2-day Foundations Level Kanban training class (KMP II) focuses on the roll-out and daily operation of multiple kanban systems. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organisation and how to manage and evolve inter-dependent kanban systems over time without trauma. Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and the seven key feedback loops and cadences. The class also covers handling metrics, and setting policies.
Course Content & Objectives
Participants will learn about the management of single and interdependent kanban systems. At the end of the training, participants will understand:
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Kanban values: a different approach to introducing kanban
- Scrumban case study
- Managing evolutionary change
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. The Kanban eBook will be provided upon registration. Prior completion of a KMP Foundations Level I course, or an LKU Introductory Level course such as Huge.IO’s Getting Started with Kanban Workshop or the Team Kanban Practitioner course, is preferred. Completion of a KMP Foundations Level I course is required to achieve the KMP accreditation. This class is for people who currently use a Kanban system, or have prior experience with Kanban, or who are in the KMP training series currently, and/or who have consulting clients who use Kanban.
- A physical copy of the definitive short guide to the method,
- Essential Kanban Condensed by David J. Anderson and Huge.IO’s Andy Carmichael.
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson.
- A digital copy of the slides and references.
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format.
- Accreditation by Lean Kanban University as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP).
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
This is the second of two steps to the KMP accreditation. Both steps are required.