Kanban for the Whole Team (TKP)
This high-energy, hands-on, two-day course will give all team members an introduction to the fundamentals of Kanban, and the knowledge needed to be an effective team member in a service managed with Kanban, even where Scrum or other methods are also used.
The course combines the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) syllabus with a wider introduction to Kanban's principles and general practices, how these integrate with other processes, and how the data from "full-scope pull systems" can be used to monitor and forecast deliveries. You receive not only the TKP accreditation, but a wider appreciation of how Kanban principles helps your whole organisation deliver value to customers.
This course is also a perfect starting point for those pursuing their Kanban Management Professional (KMP) accreditation, and ensures preparedness for Kanban System Design (KMP 1) and Kanban Systems Management (KMP 2).
Led by Andy Carmichael of HUGE IO, an Accredited Kanban Trainer, successful completion of this course will result in TKP accreditation issued by Lean Kanban University — recognised globally as the leading certifying body for Kanban professionals.
During the class, each attendee will:
- Design and implement a Team Kanban board.
- Learn the basics of visualising different types of work and associated risks.
- Participate in a simulation of a flow system to understand how the policies of the team affect flow and the delivery of value
- Understand how to use Kanban to address overburdening
- Understand how to proceed to the next level with Kanban
- Principles & Practices of the Kanban Method
- Meanings of Kanban
- Definitions of Kanban concepts
- Daily Kanban meeting
- Replenishment meeting
- WIP limits
- Batching and Flow
- Types of Risk
- Kanban interactive simulation
- Board designs (including Personal Kanban)
- Managing and forecasting with data from flow systems
Who should attend?
- Team members and leaders in professional services roles who wish to explore and pursue an alternative path to agility.
- Teams looking to improve their ability to “get things done” with quality, improved speed, and predictability,
- Managers and team members who need help focusing on what to work on now, what to leave until later and what to discard altogether.
- Those who want to use Kanban to improve the quality and quantity of useful work, through relief from overburdening.
All attendees will receive:
- Print and PDF versions of classroom workbook
- Print version of David J. Anderson and Andy Carmichael's popular book Essential Kanban Condensed
- Physical copy of Scrum.org's Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
- The Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) professional accreditation.