Kanban Systems Design (KMP 1)
Alternative date/venue: KMP 1 - London - October 22nd - 23rd.
This 2-day Foundations Level Kanban training class (KMP I), certified by Lean Kanban University, is for managers, developers, and anyone wanting to learn the fundamentals of the Kanban Method. The class includes the use of a Kanban simulation as well as exercises to design an actual Kanban system.
Course Content & Objectives
Participants will learn how to design a Kanban system and initiate change with Kanban. They will learn the basic concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement. At the end of the training, participants will understand:
- How to identify and address bottlenecks
- How to work with shifting priorities
- How to deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- How to deal with important but not time-critical work
- How to avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- How to create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
The content of this course covers the following topics, presented in the form of interactive exercises organized in small groups, plus games, classroom teaching and discussion.
- Controlling Work in Progress (from push to pull)
- Visualizing work (designing the card wall)
- Measuring and managing flow (control charts, flow diagrams)
- Making policies explicit (classes of service)
- Managing change and collaborative improvement
Intended as a primer, this course is perfect for those pursuing their Kanban Management Professional (KMP) accreditation and ensures preparedness for Kanban Systems Design (KMP I) and Kanban Systems Management (KMP II).
- A physical copy of the definitive short guide to the method, Essential Kanban Condensed by David J. Anderson and Huge.IO’s Andy Carmichael.
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson.
- A digital copy of the slides and references.
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format.
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
This is the first of two steps to the KMP accreditation. Order with the KMP II course, Kanban Cadences and receive a 10% discount on the second course.
Limited availability up to day of check-in. Discounted registrations are reserved at all HUGE I/O training events for individuals seeking new skills during unemployment.