Kanban Cadences (KMP 2)
This 2-day Foundations Level Kanban training class (KMP2 or "Managing Kanban Systems") focuses on the rollout and management of single or multiple kanban services. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organisation and how to manage and evolve inter-dependent Kanban systems over time without trauma.
Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and the seven key feedback loops and cadences. The class also covers managing with metrics and policy-setting.
Led by Andy Carmichael of HUGE IO, an Accredited Kanban Trainer, successful completion of this course will result in TKP accreditation issued by Lean Kanban University — recognised globally as the leading certifying body for Kanban professionals. The first course Kanban System Design (KMP1), and a team practitioner course, Kanban for the Whole Team (TKP), are also available.
Course Content & Objectives
Participants will learn about the management of single Kanban systems and multiple inter-dependent Kanban systems, understanding how dependencies within and between systems can cause impediments to flow or bottlenecks.
The content of this course covers the following topics, presented in the form of interactive exercises organised in small groups, plus games, classroom teaching and discussion. A Kanban case study is also presented and discussed.
Participants will learn how
- To build management information flow using the 7 Cadences
- To manage evolutionary change
- To deal with resistance to policy changes, such as WIP limits
- Asymmetrical commitment impacts Kanban systems
- To identify and address bottlenecks
- To rollout a Kanban initiative
- To develop a service orientation
- Kanban values impact culture
Participants are expected to have
- Read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. (The Kanban eBook will be provided upon registration.)
- Some Kanban experience, or prior completion of other training, (e.g.: a KMP1 course; an LKU Introductory Level course; Huge.IO’s Starting Kanban; or Kanban for the Whole Team)
Who should attend?
- Those who currently use or have prior experience with Kanban, or who are pursuing the KMP accreditation
- Coaches or consultants with clients who use Kanban
- Managers and leaders in professional services exploring an alternative path to agility
- Those responsible for, or providing services to, multiple teams or services using Kanban
- Those who want to introduce a continuous improvement approach to business change
All attendees receive
- Print and PDF versions of classroom workbook
- Print version of David J. Anderson and Andy Carmichael's popular book Essential Kanban Condensed
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson
- Certificate of Completion of LKU Certified Kanban Training
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
This is the second of the two steps required for the KMP accreditation. Order with the KMP1 course, Kanban System Design and receive a 10% discount on the second course.