Xamarin Dev Days - Madison
Xamarin Dev Days provide attendees with an intense, hands-on learning experience. Spend the morning exploring mobile development with sessions from Xamarin, our technology partners, and members of your local developer community, then roll up your sleeves for an afternoon dedicated to diving into code.
Join your local Xamarin community at the Madison Mobile .NET Developers Group that meets regularly covering Xamarin and other mobile topics and be sure to check out the Xamarin Dev Days website to see more cities and dates coming soon.
Each Xamarin Dev Days is unique, but you’ll always walk away with a better understanding of how you can build, test, and monitor native iOS, Android, and Windows apps with Xamarin.
|9:30 - 10:10AM||Intro to Xamarin|
|10:20 - 11:00AM||Xamarin Forms|
|11:10 - 11:50AM||Xamarin + Azure|
|12:00 - 1:00PM||Lunch|
|1:00 - 4:00PM||Hackathon challenge walkthrough|
Local Organizers & Xamarin Experts
- Matthew Soucoup - Xamarin MVP: @CodeMillMatt
- Mitch Muenster - Xamarin MVP: @MobileRez
David Giard - Microsoft: @DavidGiard
Local User Group: Madison Mobile .NET Developers Group
With support from
- What should I bring?
- We encourage you to bring your personal computer to you local Xamarin Dev Days event with Xamarin fully installed to participate in the live coding activities. We have a full guide for both Mac OS X and Windows to help get you started.
- Xamarin experts will be around to help you with any setup, but it is highly encouraged to preconfigure your machines in advance.
- In order to test the part of iOS , for those who do not have a MAC , you can use one of the weekly plans MacInCloud ( Europe Server , OS El Capitain ) with the option Enable Remote Build Port enabled .
- Will food be provided?
- A complimentary lunch will be provided by sponsors during the event. Food and beverages are determined on a venue-by-venue- basis, but feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Who can sponsor Xamarin Dev Days?
- How do I get there?
- 1210 W. Dayton St. Rm 1240
- Parking: Free weekend parking in all of the following nearby lots -- Lot 56, 255 N. Charter Street (entrance off of N. Charter St.) Lot 54, 112 N. Charter Street (entrance off of N. Charter St.) Lot 45, Southeast corner of W. Dayton St and N. Mills St. (entrance off of North Mills St.) Lot 51, 30 N. Mills Street (entrance off of North Mills St.)
- Building is labeled as "Computer Science and Statistics Building"
- Certain entrances to the CS Building are locked on weekends. Please use the main entrance on W. Dayton St. to enter
- Room is handicap accessible from the main entrance
- To find 1240 from the main entrance, turn left and go through two sets of double doors. Room 1240 is the main room in the hallway to the left, marked by a small stairway and handicap ramp.