Xamarin Dev Days - Cape Town
Get a free hands-on learning experience with your local developer community to explore mobile development through sessions on Xamarin, Xamarin.Forms, and Azure Services. Put new knowledge into practice by building a Xamarin.Forms application in the afternoon in a hands-on lab!
Join your local Xamarin community at the Cape Town Xamarin developer group that meets regularly covering Xamarin, Azure, and other mobile topics. Be sure to check out the Xamarin Dev Days website to see all the upcoming events around the world.
Each Xamarin Dev Days is unique, but you’ll always walk away with a better understanding of how you can build, test, and monitor native iOS, Android, and Windows apps with Xamarin.
Local Organizers & Xamarin Experts
- Allan Pead @adpead Microsoft MVP
- Chris Van Wyk @chrisvwyk Xamarin University
- Brent Samodien @BSamodien Microsoft DX Technical Evangelist
- Francios Smith (email@example.com) Microsoft DX Technical Evangelist
- Matthew Leibowitz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Local User Group: Cape Town Xamarin
|09:00||Registration through Ti.to|
|09:30||Intro to Xamarin - Allan Pead @adpead|
|10:20||Xamarin Forms - Chris van Wyk @chrisvwyk|
|11:10||Xamarin + Azure - Brent Samodien @BSamodien|
|12:00||Lunch brought to you by TFG Infotec|
|13:00||Hands on Lab Walkthrough: Allan Pead, Brent Samodien, Matthew Leibowitz, Chris van Wyk|
|16:00||End - Cleanup Crew|
- How to Prepare?
- Bring your personal computer fully charged with Xamarin in Visual Studio and Azure installed PRIOR TO EVENT in order to participate in the live coding activities.
- Download Guides:
- Run a FILE->NEW project to complete your installation:
- Watch these videos to create a File -> New App project.
- Get Azure Credits by completing training courses in Dev Essentials.
- Will food be provided?
- Lunch will be provided.
- Food and beverage are determined on a venue-by-venue- basis.
- Please contact your local organizer regarding food inquiries.
- Xamarin Dev Days Sponsorship?
- Sponsorship opportunities are available for a single event or for multiple events.
- Please contact the local organizers or email@example.com to discuss details.