UX Foundation Training | Stockholm | June 2019
(9.00am - 5.30pm)
Fast-paced. Interactive. Collaborative
This course is designed to help online professionals build their skills in user experience design. Our approach is to blend theory with practice. We provide a solid grounding in the principles underpinning UX. And we build on this with hands-on practice in the fundamental UX techniques: customer research, interaction design and user testing.
Who should attend
- Product managers and heads of online looking for a more customer-centred approach to product development
- Business owners and start-up founders who believe UX can help grow their business
- UX designers with some experience who want to take their skills to the next level
- Web designers, developers and marketers who want to know more about their end-users
- Project managers and business analysts looking for a better way to define customer requirements
- Anybody wishing to start - or switch to - a career in UX
What you'll get
- Expert-led training
- Practical, commercial focus
- Learn-by-doing through hands-on, interactive courses
- Small class sizes
- State-of-the-art classroom facilities
- Digital copies of all course slides
- A Certificate of User Experience from UXTraining.com
What you'll learn
- The fundamental principles behind UX design
- Powerful user research techniques and when to use them
- Translate your research into customer scenarios and personas
- Run effective design workshops
- Design product concepts and building prototypes
- Why mobile is different
- Testing your ideas with real customers
Kind words from happy customers
About your trainers
Gareth’s wealth of commercial experience includes MD roles at both iON and Tibus, advising blue-chip clients across Europe on internet strategy. He established the dedicated user experience agency Fathom in September 2011, which focuses on UX strategy and research. A highly engaging presenter, Gareth's insights can be found in his regular columns for Silicon Republic, the Irish Independent, and Business Eye.
Belén has been practising user experience for over 10 years, working at companies such as BT, Eircom, Vodafone, Intel, the Linux Foundation and the UK Government. An experienced presenter, she has spoken at many of the largest digital conferences including South by Southwest Interactive and the Embedded Linux Conference.
James has been building digital products for more than 20 years and working as a freelance UX consultant for more than 10, with clients ranging from startups to some of the largest media organisations in the world. He’s spoken at international UX conferences and co-authored a book on facilitating design.
Colman Walsh first started working as a UX designer in San Francisco in 1999. Since then he has worked with blue-chip clients in New York, London and now Dublin. A fun and engaging presenter, Colman is an accomplished trainer, facilitator and workshop moderator.
Rebecca Finnegan is a freelance UX designer based in London. Her experience includes roles as a product manager, interaction designer and user experience researcher. She has worked for leading agencies, such as cxpartners in London, as well as pureplay corporates, including Distilled Media, owner of Ireland’s largest online marketplaces.
For more information and a detailed brochure, visit www.uxdesigninstitute.com