Enabling growth of a thriving media ecosystem in Europe - STADIEM Final Event
The STADIEM team would like to invite you to join its Brussels event “Enabling growth of a thriving media ecosystem in Europe”.
STADIEM is the first pan-European accelerator program dedicated to the media sector with the aim to foster the development of next generation internet solutions. During this half-day event, you'll discover why and how the STADIEM accelerator fits within the EU media policy objectives, which 32 scale-up-driven innovation projects it has supported so far, and how it has addressed market needs. The STADIEM project, funded by the EU and bringing together four leading mediatech innovation hubs and innovation experts in Europe, will present its insights and its road forward to continue the accelerators' journey and relevance for the European media sector.
The event will end at 13,00 with a free networking lunch held in the same room, and it’s free of charge, but registration is mandatory, due to limited seats.
Once tickets are sold out you can apply for a waiting list for re-distribution of canceled tickets.
09,00 – 09,30 Registration and coffee
09,30 – 09,45 Welcome & introduction – Stijn Lehaen (VRT – General Director Technology & Infrastructure)
09,45 – 10.10 Setting the STADIEM horizon: the role of media corporates and (EU) media policy goals - Wim Vanobberghen (VRT), Project Coordinator STADIEM
10,10 – 11,00 The STADIEM journey: The corporate – start-up partnership taken to next level in Future Media Innovation
- 10,10-10,30: The STADIEM Framework, innovation program and projects – Marianne Fjellhaug (Media City Bergen) & Christoph Hüning (NMA)
- 10,30 – 10,40: Value creation by STADIEM – Tiphaine Vigniel (Storytek) & Mathias Teuwen (VRT)
- 10,40- 11,00 How and why STADIEM fits in the current European Agenda and Policy – Sten Saluveer (Storytek)
11,00 – 11,10 Coffee break & networking
11,10 – 11,50 Fitting the needs of the market and innovators
- 11,10 – 11,30: The media corporate perspective and case study – Erwin Danis (Roularta Media Group – Director Innovation)
- 11,30 – 11,50: The scale-up perspective and case study – Vincent Defour (Trensition – CEO)
11,50 – 12,50 Embedding scale-up driven innovation in the media sector
- 11,50 – 12,10: R&I and funding challenges for European Media Sector – Antonio Arcidiacono (EBU)
- 12,10 – 12,30: STADIEM 2.0 – continuing the STADIEM journey – Christoph Hüning (NMA) & Peter De Paepe (VRT)
12,30 – 12,50: Q&A and conclusions – Carmela Asero (EBU)
13,00 – 14,00: Networking lunch offered by STADIEM
This event is funded by the European Commission