Shopify for Designers
This half day free session, led by Keir Whitaker, is designed to introduce web designers to Shopify theme building. It will cover everything you need to know and take you through the steps from starting your theme to applying it to your store.
Time: 1.30 - 5PM (Followed by drinks)
What we'll cover
- The platform — A look at the main features of the platform and how the admin functions relate to themes
- Example stores — A discussion of some of the most well known Shopify stores as well as some less well known but beautifully designes stores
- Themes — A solid introduction to how a theme is structured as well as an intro to Liquid, the Shopify template engine
- Advanced theming — A quick look at how you can really customise your themes, for example producing product specific templates and how theme settings can enable your clients to easily customise their site
- Bits & pieces — A selection of snippets and ideas that didn’t neatly fit elsewhere. For example how to directly populate your cart using a permalink
- Resources — A quick whizz round the amazing resources on offer for designers and developers using Shopify including the theme and app stores.
Registration is not currently available.