Project Night @ Checkr
- May 15th, 2019
Into Python and want to experience how cool the Python Community is?
Join ~100 Pythonistas at SF Python's Project Night on May 15 at Checkr!
The format is similar to an un-conference. We start with an amazing food and drink reception from our generous sponsor Checkr. After formal introductions, Pythonistas join up with like minds to:
- learn, share, and contribute at planned and spontaneous Special Interest Groups (SIG)
- hack on your own projects
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in our SIGs
- Anyone who want to hack on your work, personal or open-source projects
- Experienced devs who want to lead a regular or spontaneous discussion group
- Anyone interested in mentoring others
- 6:00p Begin check-in
- 6:50p Introductions: tell us about your project and/or the kind of help you seek
- 7:00p Make yourself comfortable and start hacking, or attend one of the tutorials or SIGs
- 7:30p Door Close to late entries
- 9:30p Wrap up / Hard Stop
Special interest groups
The biocommons software packages help genetic testing companies map patient sequence variation to reference genomes.
Join us to hack on the installation docs, improve our test coverage, or pick your own issue to solve. (All skill levels are welcome!)
The PyData SIG brings together people interested in statistics, machine learning, and deep learning to share ideas and learn from each other. The focus will be Python's scientific stack - NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, and related packages.
Just getting started learning Python or programming in general? Come to the beginner SIG and work to up your Python skills.
This event is produced by
SF Python, a volunteers-run organization aiming to foster the Python Community in the Bay Area. Please check out their flagship event, PyBay2019, 4th Annual Regional Python Conference in SF this August.
*Venue and reception is through the generosity of Checkr. Checkr modernizes background checks to build a fairer future by improving the understand of the past. Please consider their job opportunities if you or someone you know are looking!