3rd Annual Holiday Party for Python Devs in the Bay Area
- December 7th, 2017
Let's celebrate the Python community in style with talks from Raymond Hettinger and community members, live music, raffle, good food, beer... ya know, the essentials.
Get your ticket for this always sold out event now!
- Linting for beginners by Ahsan Zahid
- Zebras and Lasers by Jonas Neubert
- 2FA, OTP, WTF? by Kelley Robinson
- How to discover a planet using 12 lines of Python code? by Geert Barentsen
- Bot Racing! by John Ellis
- Docker but for data: Quilt is an open source Python project by Aneesh Karve
- Datasette - publish an instant JSON API for a SQLite database by Simon Willison
Main talk on Python 3.7's new dataclasses from Raymond Hettinger
Raymond Hettinger has been a Python Core Developer since 2001 and received the Python Software Foundation Distinguished Service Award in 2014. He is the author of many parts of Python, including itertools, collections, sets, sorted, enumerate, and reversed. Currently, he runs an international Python training and consulting business. He shares his wisdom on twitter via @raymondh and is among the most well-received speaker at Python Conferences around the world.
- 5:45pm Check-in / reception
- 6:10pm DJ G-Vision and a Live Band
- 6:50pm Opening Remarks
- 6:55pm Lightning Talks
- 7:35pm Break: Music, networking, more drinks/food
- 7:55pm Raffle/Thank yous to Community Leaders
- 8:05pm Feature Speaker + Q&A
- 9:05pm Closing
- 9:30pm Hard Stop
The Holiday Party is one of two fundraising events for SF Python to cover operating costs of producing over 20 tech meetups a year. If the ticket cost is a financial hardship for you, please write to the organizers.
There is a no-refund policy but feel free to transfer your ticket to someone else by clicking the "Change Details" button on your confirmation email provided by Tito.
Stripe is processing your credit card payment.
The Holiday Party is brought to you by
SF Python A volunteers run organization aiming to foster the Python community by producing fun and educational get-togethers for developers in SF Bay Area.
Yelp SF Python's primary venue sponsor. They see 89 million mobile users and 79 million desktop users every month. Keeping everything running smoothly requires the best and brightest in the industry. Their engineers come from diverse technical backgrounds and value digital craftsmanship, open-source, and creative problem-solving. They write tests, review code, and push multiple times a day. Come out and talk to them.
Tickets Prices in USD