Building Modern Web Apps with ASP.NET Core and ES 2015
It’s such an exciting time to be an ASP.NET developer. With Microsoft finally releasing ASP.NET Core and the ES 2015 spec being ratified, so many more possibilities have been opened up for us. While there’s still quite a few familiar concepts, there are also new features that will improve the way we approach building web applications.
In this 2 day workshop, you will get up to speed with ASP.NET Core and ES 2015. You’ll get a solid foundation on the fundamentals, and learn how to accomplish some common tasks. We’ll highlight some of the major new features, explain their benefits and also show you how to apply them. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Understanding .NET Core
- The Razor engine and TagHelpers
- Accessing data with Entity Framework Core
- Securing your site with ASP.NET Core Identity
- ES 2015 Tooling and Testing
- Front-End Architecture with Modules, MVVM and more
- Web Components and The Modern Browser
- Popular Data Access Libraries
Interested In Future Workshops?
Who is this for?
Already familiar with ASP.NET MVC or ExpressJS? That’s even better! You’ll be able to see how easily your existing skills can be applied to the latest version of ASP.NET.
9 AM - 5PM
November 5th–6th, 2016
Octagon Technology Staffing @ Axis
333 Las Olas Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
There's a few options for parking around Downtown Fort Lauderdale. Here are some of our suggestions.
- Las Olas River House Self-Parking : $5 (Mention to valet you want to self-park and that you’re going to Octagon Tech at Axis)
- City Parking Garage SE 1st Ave and SE 2nd Street (Right next to FAU and Broward College)
- Street-side parking
What you’ll need
Please bring your own laptop and power adapter. Either Windows or OSX laptops will work fine. Before the workshop, you should also install either Visual Studio Code or Visual Studio 2015. Both of these are available for free. Some other tools we’ll be using include Git and NodeJS.
Cecil Phillip is a Software Developer with over 8 years of professional experience providing .NET based solutions across a variety of industries. Currently, his focus is building Web based solutions utilizing C#, ASP.NET, NodeJS and other web technologies. He is also a trainer, mentor, speaker, and podcaster. You can follow Cecil on Twitter at @cecilphillip. Also, check out his podcast at http://awayfromthekeyboard.com.