Copywriting for SEO training - LONDON 23rd June 2023
This intensive workshop will show you how to make immediate copy improvements to your website to position it for success in the Google SERPs.
Introduction to SEO copywriting
- What is SEO copywriting?
- Old-school vs modern SEO copywriting
- User intent and why it matters
- What does Google want from us?
- All about natural language processing
Creating a keyword strategy
- Why keywords matter at all
- The three main types of search query
- Creative keyword research
- Keyword mapping and avoiding keyword conflict
Best practice SEO copywriting techniques
- The three key principles of best practice SEO copywriting
- Engagement, engagement, engagement
- Writing Google-friendly headlines
- Best practices for meta titles and descriptions
- Getting into Featured Snippets
Putting it all together
- SEO content planning
- Why Google cares about links and brand mentions
- What to do about duplicate content
- Measuring your copy’s performance
Your trainer Emily Hill is a freelance content strategist and copywriting trainer. She works with organisations to help them figure out what to say, how to say it, and how to get the right people to hear it. A former copywriting agency owner, Emily has a long-standing relationship with BrightonSEO, having created their very first Copywriting for SEO workshop way back in 2014! She has delivered the workshop twice a year ever since, with the exception of 2017 when the imminent arrival of her twins rendered it a little risky to be away from home! Emily has occasionally taken to the stage at BrightonSEO itself, most recently to make the case for content readability.
You can arrive from 9am and breakfast is included for those that want it.
The course will start at 10am.The training will finish at 4.30pm
Breakfast, lunch and refreshments are included in the ticket price.