Modern Front-End with React - Barcelona
Two days of training to master front-end development with React.
Delivered by the expert instructors of RisingStack.
Bertalan Miklos, Tamas Kadlecsik & Tamas Hodi
About the Course: Building a Real-Life React App from the Ground Up
During this two-day long course, you will learn how to create a real-life React application from the ground up. On top of that, we will cover the principles behind React and learn how to design and structure complex front-end applications.
By the end of the training, you will be familiar with state management (Redux or MobX) and front-end routing, and you will be comfortable with bootstrapping, developing and scaling React applications.
This training is also available as an in-house, on-site opportunity.
In case you have any questions about the agenda or the on-site option, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is for you if
- you want to improve your front-end skills,
- you want to build application prototypes rapidly,
- you want to create complex and maintainable websites.
Prior npm knowledge is nice to have as we will use it for package management and script execution.
No prior experience with React is required - we will cover everything you need to get started.
The exact location of the venue in will be announced later.
1. React primer
- The basics of front-end apps
- What is React and when to use it?
- Introducing the virtual DOM
- The benefits of components
- ES6 and React
2. Setting up a React project
- Introducing create-react-app
- Introducing components
- Mounting an app
- Development and bundling
3. JSX and rendering
- What is JSX and how does it work?
- Introducing the render method and view updates
- When does render run?
4. Creating React components
- Introducing props and state
- Handling events
- Native state management and controlled components
- Lifecycle events and hooks
5. Project design and structuring
- Project structuring
- Stateful and stateless components
- Containers and presentational components
6. Complex state management with Redux or MobX
- Why is React’s own setState not enough?
- Actions and reactions
- Async actions and state changes
7. Networking on the client-side
- Handling async networking
- Updating the state
8. Routing with React Router
- Implementing basic routes and links
- Programmatic routing
- Protected routes and redirects
- Handling query parameters
9. Creating a real-world React app
- Rapid and maintainable development
- Quick test deployment with Now
Why learn from RisingStack?
We provide professional development, training and consulting services from the early days of Node, and help companies like Lufthansa, Cisco & LogMeIn to thrive with our favorite technology.
We've spent the previous 3 years with writing books, long-form tutorials & holding trainings. Our experts have written more than 150 articles on the topics of Node.js, Microservices & Front-End development. Our blog is one of the main resources Node developers turn to in trouble - this is why more than 150.000 engineers read our content each month.
RisingStack has been named as one of the leading Node.js companies of the Battery Open-Source Software Index in TechCrunch’s “Tracking the explosive growth of open-source software” analysis. We’re also part of the Node Foundation, and contributors to the core of Node.js.