Three Country Challenge
We challenge you to use your route planning skills to cross the border of three countries - Belgium, Holland and Germany - and crest a summit in each. We have a suggested route ready, but we encourage you to make your own. You can ride as far as you like and complete your ride over one or two days, as long as you start and finish in the same location. There will be a commemorative prize for each participant at the Rapha Pop-up Maasmechelen, along with awards for the best route, best picture, longest distance and most elevation gain.
- Bovenste bos, 50.745787, 5.895789 (Belgium)
- Orsbach climb, 50.797662, 5.996870 (Germany)
- Eyserbosweg, 50.832189, 5.926319 (Netherlands)
- Rapha Pop-up Maasmechelen (Belgium)
The art of route planning is a great skill to have in the bank and there are lots of online tutorials and tools you can use (Ride with GPS; Komoot; Strava). Make sure you take into account the time, traffic, any access restrictions (especially the Parks), the highway code and don’t forget to load it up to your GPS device. For those who don't want to create a route we have a suggested route ready of 120 and 200km which we will send out one week in advance.
THE ROUTE CHECK LIST
Like any Rapha event, there are always some rules:
- Your ride must take place between Sunrise on Saturday 8th August to Sunset on Sunday 9th August
- Your route must include all three peaks and the pop-up (in any order). If you are at the pop-up outside their opening times then a selfie outside will be fine.
- Your route must start and finish at the same location (you choose where). 4- You must take one photo at each checkpoint (selfie/view).
COMPLETING THE RIDE
- Tag your photos on Social with #ThreeCountryChallenge and share your story.
- If you would like to enter any of the AWARD CATEGORIES we will send you an email on how to do this one week ahead of the challenge.
- All riders can collect their surprise in the Pop-up during the weekend of 8th/9th august or the following week. (you need to show your selfies and route)
Sign up for the event and we will send final details one week ahead of the challenge