Mini Biking Adventure
Where would your ride go, if you wouldn't have to be back by nightfall?
Let's find out on May 17th in Amsterdam, 12th July in Antwerpen or 6th September in Eindhoven! Bikepacker Bas Rotgans will take you on an evening ride, together we'll camp out under the stars, enjoy a cold beer by an open fire, and return in the morning for warm coffee and some breakfast. A small outdoor adventure between office hours. We have ten sets of bikepacking bags plus sleeping kit available for rent, everyone with their own equipment is also happily invited to join.
We’ll meet up at one of the start locations straight after work and rig some minimalistic camping gear on our bikes and go for an evening ride of about 1,5 hours, before we stop at our camping spot with something warm to drink and possibly a camp fire. We’ll sleep outside in a sleeping arrangement that consists of a sleeping mat, sleeping bag, and a bivi bag (waterproof shelter that slips over your mat and sleeping bag). If the weather forecast looks wet, than we’ll organise an additional tentroof-type shelter called a tarp. In the morning we’ll be up at the crack of dawn and ride another hour to gather back at the start location around 08:00 for a quick breakfast bite and coffee. Can you imagine the smile on your face when you’re colleagues ask you which show you watched on Netflix last night?
Bas Rotgans from @packyourbike will provide up to 10 sets of bikepacking equipment (front and rear bag from Revelate Designs + sleeping kit from Vaude) and join us on this ride.
- 40-50km ride in the evening.
- 30km ride in the morning
- particpation fee is 25euros + rental of bikepacking gear 25euros
- for people that don’t have their own equipment we are limited to 10 sets of a front and rear bikepacking bags + sleeping kit
- please bring an inexpensive sleeping bag liner if you are using the rental equipment (for instance: https://www.bever.nl/p/cocoon-microfiber-lakenzak-MBCBC60008.html)
- if you have your own equipment you’re obviously welcome to join
- You can leave your business attire at the Start location
- You can leave a laptop bag or a bag with other valuables overnight at the Start location
- We will have some towels and wipes available at the clubhouse to clean up before you head to the office.
- Please bring front and rear lights for your bike.
- 17-18/05: Mini Biking Adventure, Amsterdam (meet up at 18:30)
- 12-13/07: Mini Biking Adventure, Antwerp (meet up at 18:30)
- 6-7/09: Mini Biking Adventure, Eindhoven (meet up at 18:30)