A Day in Hell Benelux 2020
A personal journey through Hell.
With the Tour De France just a stone’s throw behind us, it’s time for its countries second proud; Paris-Roubaix. In a year where the boundaries of what is normal keep shifting, this year we find Paris Roubaix rounding out the season in October.
Determined to mirror the glory and the suffering of the Queen of the Classics whenever it may be, we have stitched together some of the greatest Gravé* across the Benelux for you to ride on the weekend of the race. You can choose from 4 different ‘Secteur-Pavés’ throughout Belgium and the Netherlands in the area of Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Ghent and Brussels. These routes will be sent out 3 days before the start or the event.
Taking place over the 24th and 25th of October, you may time your trip to Hell around your schedule and you may roll on the route at a place convenient to you. Simply ride your local route and then reward yourself with a Belgian beer, some frites and a comfy place to watch the race.
Everyone who completes a route will be given a limited edition A Day in Hell reward, to be collected from your local clubhouse or some selected partner cafes after the event. Sign up below to stay up to date and have the chance to claim your reward
Things to Note:
- All of our routes have been test ridden and are designed to be 28c passable. However, definitions of this may vary, and you undertake to ride any route at your own risk
- Please make sure you are self-sufficient on the road, as there will be no support during this ride beyond that which you or any friends can provide you with.
- Please be considerate to others on paths and bridleways. Many of these are shared use.
- Please do not ride in groups which exceed local Covid-19 Restrictions
- If you or anyone in your family have any symptoms of COVID-19 please stay home
- To avoid unnecessary risk, we strongly advise not to travel to this event if you have to come from a distance away from the location.
Footnote: gravé; - defined as (an area of) farm track/road/footpath/bridleway etc. which consists of potholes, loose paving, stones, rubble, and mud