Pannier | Dark Peak Weekender & Loaded Hill Climb
Pannier is a dedicated cycle touring resource for travelling cyclists.
We are hosting our first Weekender at North Lees: a beautiful, quiet setting nestled in the hills below the iconic Stanage Edge, in the northern, higher, and wilder "Dark Peak" area of the Peak District National Park. The single-track roads out of the campsite, high above Hathersage, make the perfect start to social rides and Cattis-side is the ideal natural theatre for our closed-road Loaded Hill Climb event on Sunday - 75m of climbing over 700m on a loaded touring bike...
CAMP | LOADED HILL CLIMB | SOCIAL RIDES | TRAVELLER'S FEAST | EVENING SOCIAL
Join us at Pannier Basecamp for the weekend, or just come along on the Sunday and enter the Loaded Hill Climb event. If you don't fancy the Loaded Hill Climb, come along and spectate; the more the merrier. Pannier cowbells will be available on the day...
Weekender & Loaded Hill Climb Plans
Friday 22 April
17.00 Onwards | Arrival at North Lees Campsite
19.30 | Evening Social
Saturday 23 April
08.30 Onwards | Breakfast
09.45 | Morning Social Ride, including Hill Climb taster
12.00 | Lunch
13.00 | Afternoon Social Ride
17.30 Onwards | Traveller's Feast, Talks and Evening Social
Sunday 24 April
08.30 Onwards | Breakfast
09.30 | Loaded Hill Climber Registration
10:45 | Loaded Hill Climb: Main Event
13.00 | Lunch
14.00 | Afternoon Social Ride
17.00 Onwards | Head home...
"The Hill Climb is a wonderfully social, spectator-friendly event...
...Not everything has to be about winning and beating the rest of the world; some things can and should simply be enjoyed for their own sake."
Chris Boardman in "A Corinthian Endeavour: The Story of the National Hill Climb Championship" by Paul Jones
TICKETS | "Earlybird" tickets are available before 31 January 2016. For 10% off, add discount code - EARLYTOURER...
Registration is not currently available.
Can't make this one? Register your interest in future Pannier Events, for travelling cyclists:
1. We are supporting the Peak District National Park and 1% For the Planet with ticket sales: 4% of ticket sales will go to the National Park, and as a Member, 1% will go to our 1% For the Planet non-profit partners.
2. On arrival, please come and register at Pannier Basecamp (top field of North Lees Campsite). Loaded Hill Climb rider registration will take place here too, from 09.30 on the Sunday...
3. Ticket includes the camping pitch and use of the facilities only. All campers will need their own shelter (tents, presumably) and sleeping gear.
4. We can offer camping and general kit hire. Please contact us at email@example.com for more details.
5. The Loaded Hill Climb is meant to be a rewarding challenge; 75m of climbing over 700m is tough going. Go for it...
6. The necessary kitlist and luggage for the Loaded Hill Climb - see our Dark Peak Weekender page for details - will be provided by us, but all climbers will need to ride their own touring bikes - able to safely carry a pair of full panniers (front or rear).
7. Tourers will need their own riding insurance.
8. Additional tokens for food and drinks will be available to purchase over the weekend.
9. PARKING. Arriving at the Dark Peak Weekender by bike is encouraged. However, if you want to come by car for the weekend and park at North Lees Campsite, you will need a "Stanage Sticker" - for £12 - see ticket section above. This is essentially a donation directly to the Peak District National Park Authority, as a contribution to the management of Stanage-North Lees. If you are coming for the day, please use Hollin Bank Car Park.