2017 Nuffield Ireland Annual Conference
Conference Main Sponsor - MSD Animal Health
- 09.15 Registration and Tea/Coffee
- 10.00 Welcome Address - Geoff Dooley, Chairperson Nuffield Ireland
- 10.30 Scholars 2016 Presentations
- Ray Hunt Future Trends in Dairy Genetics
- Roberta McDonald Innovative Disruption of Farmer Development Programmes
- Tom Dineen How to successfully diversify a dairy farm business by adding value to milk
- Ailbhe Gerrard Short Food Chains: Farmers Selling Directly to Consumers
- 11.30 Keynote address by Tom O'Mahony Managing Director of Orgin Enterprises Plc, which is a leading Agri-services Group, providing value added services, technologies and inputs that address the quality , efficiency and output requirements of primary food producers. It has operations in Ireland, UK, Poland, Ukraine and Romania.
- 12.45 Lunch
- 2.00 Scholars 2016 and one 2015 Presentations contd.
- Peter Farrell Risky Business:Managing Dairy Volatility
- John Joyce A blue print for starting a successful producer group
- Maeve O'Keeffe Reducing Lameness in Dairy Cows
- 3.00 Workshop - Discuss key learnings and facilitate the Nuffield Network
- 4.00 Coffee Break
- 4.15 Workshop conclusions
- 4.40 Joint presentation by the 2017 scholars about their Global Focus Programme travels.
- 5.10 Address by Jim Geltch CEO of Nuffield International
- 5.20 Final comments and wrap up
Conference Dinner sponsor -AIB Bank
- 7.00 Conference Dinner
Registration is not currently available.