MR Festival Fall 2019: ComeUnion Workshops & Events
Fall Festival Workshops are available at a sliding scale, please read the information below before complete your workshop registration.
suggested Sliding Scale based on Annual Income
$0-$15,000 $8 - two hour workshop $12 - three hour workshop
$15,000-$25,000 $12 - two hour workshop $16 - thee hour workshop
$25,000-$35,000 $15 - two hour workshop $22 - three hour workshop
$35,000-$50,000 $20 - two hour workshop $30 - three hour workshop
$50,000-$70,000 $25 - two hour workshop $38 - three hour workshop
$70,000+ $30 - two hour workshop $45 - three hour workshop
Other Factors to Consider (this list was sourced from co-curator iele paloumpis and compiled by organizer Damien Luxe and is not exhaustive, just some examples)
Consider paying less on the scale if you
- Are supporting children or have other dependents
- have significant debt
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- receive public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are an elder with limited financial support
- are an unpaid community organizer or artist
- are a returning citizen who has been denied work due to incarceration history
Consider paying more on the scale if you:
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts, or inherited money
- travel recreationally
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part time by choice
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education (or gender and racial privilege, class background, etc.) Even if you are not currently exercising your earning power, I ask you to recognize this as a choice.
The scale is intended to be a map, inviting each of us to take inventory of our financial resources and look deeper at our levels of privilege. It is a way to challenge the classist and capitalist society we live in and work towards economic justice on a local level. While we ask you to take these factors into consideration, please don’t stress about it. Pay what feels right.
We are aware that even the lowest amounts are still too high for some people; if this is the case for you, no one will be turned away for lack of funds. To register at no cost, you may enter $0 as payment for the workshop(s) you would like to sign-up for.