Benefit Descent into MAD Craft Beer Hike
This Saturday June 12th we will visit the high mountains of Madrid and finish in everybody;s favourite craft beer place!
This medium level hike starts high up in the Sierra Guadarrama, and we'll make our way back down through a spectacular route. After just the slightest of uphills, we´ll snake slowly down into the lush, green and flowery valley, but not without encountering many a dramatic viewpoint, and the iconic rockets of Bola del Mundo always at our back. The lunch spot on a precipice has incredible views overlooking the valley. Then we´ll enter a pretty pine forest and descend pleasant forest paths. If we´re lucky we´ll even get to see some hidden rapids and dip our toes in. At the end awaits delicious organic craft beer made by rockers Javi&Monica! If you´re tired of always going up, this is the route for you!
Highlights on this hike:
- Feel like a king or queen with all the world at your feet
- Behold the entire Madrid mountain range in all directions
- Enjoy the flowers and lush, green nature all around
- Dangle your feet over the steep rocks of Mirador Las Canchas
- Cool off your feet in a secluded rock pool
- And of course delicious craft beer with epic rock music surrounded by mountains!
INFO ABOUT THE HIKE This medium line hike is about 15km long with +150/ -800m elevation change and is a combination of sandy, rocky and grassy paths. We start in Puerto Navacerrada, a mountain village famous for its ski slopes and commanding view of several valleys. We'll have breakfast in a local bar and finish at the brewery's taproom not far from the centre of Becerril de la Sierra. The hike is open to everyone who loves hiking and it supports Madrid For Refugees programs. The day includes a guided hike and the knowledge that your fun excursion is making an immediate difference in the lives of children and families who are starting over in Madrid. We are bilingual, so whether you speak Spanish, English or both, you're very welcome to join us! Come meet awesome people in an inclusive environment and enjoy a day away from the city in the stunning nature outside Madrid!
- Meeting time: 09:00 at Moncloa underground bus terminal, isla 2, platform 21, bus 691
- Transportation: The bus takes about 1h there and 45 minutes back and costs €5,10 / €4,20 respectively. It is FREE with the abono joven!
- Starting time: 11:00 (after breakfast) in Puerto Navacerrada
- Distance: 15km
- Duration (with breaks): 4-5h depending on speed of the group
- Level: Medium
WHAT TO BRING
- Your face mask
- At least 2L of water
- Hand sanitizer
- A small towel
- Rain jacket just in case
- Good footwear (hiking boots are recommended but shoes with support and traction are ok)
All proceeds help support Madrid For Refugees community co-working and incubator space for refugees, providing refugees with a space to run their own initiatives and projects, providing training and education for refugees, housing a storage space for items donated to refugees, and organizing community benefit initiatives which support the space in addition to supporting Madrid For Refugees' full program offerings including job assistance, donations of items, mentorship, volunteer training, and community integration.