Benefit Spring Panorama Hike
Madrid for Refugees benefit hikes are back! We´re excited to announce that we´re partnering up with Joris from BushCraft Madrid (https://www.facebook.com/bushcraftmadrid/) to offer new hikes as a way to build solidarity in the community and raise funds for MFR programmes that aid refugees in Madrid. We are leading a hike on Saturday, April 17th in Becerril de la Sierra and you´re in for a treat!
Highlights to expect on this hike:
A stunning off the beaten track panoramic viewpoint offering bird's eye wide-lense views of the entire Sierra de Madrid
- Lots of colourful flowers
- Relaxing like a mountain goat with the world dangling at your feet
- Dipping your toes into refreshing mountain lake water
- Breakfast in the quaint and quiet town of Becerril de la Sierra
- The only 100% organic craft beer of Madrid in a mountain village tap room in Becerril de la Sierra. The owner speaks Spanish and a bit of English.
INFO ABOUT THE HIKE
This circular hike is about 10 Km, with limited elevation change (300m) and mostly sand or gravel. There will be regular breaks to fully enjoy all the splendour around us and to have time to relax in the wild. And in the end we will have a celebratory locally brewed craft beer!
Our hike is open to everyone of all hiking levels and fitness abilities. The hike is free but we suggest a donation of 20 euro per person, as 100% of contributions will go directly to MFR programs. The day includes a guided hike and more importantly, the knowledge that your fun excursion is making an immediate difference in the lives of children and families who are starting over in Madrid.
We must disclose that we are not certified guides and we can't provide insurance or transportation. What we can guarantee is a fun and informative day where we’ll share our experiences volunteering with Madrid for Refugees and what we've learned are the best ways to help. We are bilingual, so whether you speak Spanish, English or both, you´re very welcome to join us! Come meet awesome people in an inclusive environment and enjoy a day away from the city in the stunning nature outside Madrid!
- Meeting time: 09:15 at Moncloa underground bus terminal 2, platform 21, bus 691
- Transportation: The bus takes about 45 min each way and costs €4.20 one-way. It is FREE with the abono joven!
- Starting time: 10:45 (after breakfast) in Becerril de la Sierra
- Distance: 10km
- Duration (with breaks): about 4h
- Level: Easy-Medium (some steep sections but very limited)
You may also drive and meet us there, but we have limited information about parking. Write us for more information or if you have any questions, and we will do our best to assist.
Be on time! Unfortunately we cannot wait for latecomers as once we start the route it will be difficult to find us.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your face mask
- Lunch / fruit
- At least 2L of water
- Several layers & rain jacket just in case
- Good footwear (hiking boots are recommended but trainers with traction suffice)
- Sunscreen! (the sun is beating down hard)
- Hand sanitizer
Maximum number of participants is 10 so sign up quickly! In the event of rain or inclement weather, we will decide if we will hike by Friday at 5pm and notify all people via Whatsapp and email.