Community trip at the Buda hills
JSConf Budapest welcomes the local community and friends to a nice trip in the Buda hill forests on Saturday after the conference. Come hike with us!
The trip is self-cost (total costs of transport tickets are around 6 EUR per person) but places are limited, and registration is required.
JSConf Budapest welcomes everybody. Please, be excellent to each other. Start with reading and accepting our Code of Conduct.
After spending the last few days in the city, this is the time to check how nature has started to implement new layout with a variety of colours of autumn!
Our plan is to visit the Buda Mountains, travel with the unique Children’s Railway and have a nice walk to Elizabeth lookout.
- June 4th, 11:00, Szel Kalman square, next to the clock tower.
- 11:15 - leave Szel Kalman square by tram 61 or 56 to travel to Huvosvolgy.
- 12:25 - 13:02 travelling by Children’s Railway to Janos Hill
- 13:02 - 15:00 have a nice walk in the forest up to Elizabeth lookout
- 15:00 - 16:00 walking down back to Normafa or by taking the chairlift to Zugliget
- 15:30 - 16:30 Traveling back to the city by bus 21 from Normafa to Szel Kalman square, or bus 291 to the Western Railway station (Nyugati station)
How to prepare
- Path is easy to take, not steep, just a little bit of rise. No need for any special preparation. You can wear your sneakers, but if you have hiking shoes don’t hesitate using them.
- Bring some water.
- In case of small rain please bring a raincoat or jacket. (If there is chance for heavy rain we will inform you and cancel the tour)