Online Lean Product Management Workshop - Oct 2022
REGISTRATION CLOSED For more events see: https://ti.to/itamar-gilad-events/
Join ex-Google PM Itamar Gilad to discover how Lean Product Management is transforming the way companies discover and build products. You'll practice hands-on dozens of modern PM tools: Strategic horizons, North star metric, OKRs, Idea banks, ICE scores, Confidence Meter, Assumption maps, AFTER framework, GIST board, and more.
You'll learn how to align your managers, stakeholders and team around customer-value, how to make evidence-based decisions, and how to develop truly high-impact products.
The workshop is designed for product managers/owners, product leaders, CPOs, and founders, as well as for cross-functional teams: eng leads, designers/researchers, data analysts, product marketing managers...
We expect tickets to sell fast!
Can't make it? Leave your contact details below to be notified of future events
This workshop is focused on your success as a product person and as a leader. After you complete it you'll be able to:
- Align team, managers, stakeholders around common goals
- Conduct effective negotiations with mangers, stakeholders, team
- Choose the right ideas to build
- Move fast on execution and learning
- Reduce the overhead of planning and requirements (user stories / epics / tickets)
- Get agile teams to be more business-minded and autonomous
- Waste less time on debates and politics
- Think more strategically
- Have more fun at work...
How the workshop works
- We will meet once a week for six weeks for 2 hours online.
- Dates and times:
- Tuesday, Oct 18- 14:30-16:30 CEST (8:30-10:30 EDT)
- Thursday, Oct 20- 14:30-16:30 CEST (8:30-10:30 EDT)
- Wednesday, Oct 26- 14:30-16:30 CEST (8:30-10:30 EDT)
- Thursday, Oct 27- 14:30-16:30 CEST (8:30-10:30 EDT)
- Wednesday, Nov 2 -14:30-16:30 CEST (8:30-10:30 EDT)
- Thursday, Nov 3 - 14:30-16:30 CEST (8:30-10:30 EDT)
- We will use Zoom, Google Docs and Slack
- Exercises are done in groups - we'll use shared workbooks
- You'll need a computer with a webcam with Zoom and Slack installed.
Note: to pay via bank transfer, please email email@example.com
Here’s the plan
Using a combination of lecture, hands-on exercises, real-world case studies, and facilitated discussion, you will learn:
- What is Lean Product Management and why it's different
- Vision, mission, product strategy and how create them
- Value-to-customer and how to measure it
- Market segmentation, and product market fit
- The GIST planning framework (Goals, Ideas, Steps, Tasks)
- Setting goals
- The north star metric and top business KPI
- Metrics trees
- Objectives and key results
- Collecting ideas in Idea banks
- ICE prioritization
- Measuring confidence levels with the Confidence Meter
- Breaking long projects into steps culminating in learning milestones
- Identifying assumptions
- Defining tests, experiments and MVPs
- Using GIST with agile teams
- Project management using the GIST board
- Building successful cross functional teams
- Working better with stakeholders and with managers
- Driving alignment
- How to stop being the project manager/backlog administrator
What you'll get
- 6 Online sessions: presentation, exercises, guided discussions, Q&A
- A certificate of completion
- Online workbook for collaboration on exercises
- Templates and tools
- Ebooks: Idea Testing, Product Frameworks, OKRs
- Unlimited Q&A with Itamar over email / Slack
- Access to the community of GIST practitioners
Itamar Gilad is a veteran product manager, coach, and speaker. Over the past 20 years he held senior product management and engineering roles in Google, Microsoft and a number of startups. At Google Itamar launched Gmail's Tabbed Inbox and lead Gmail's growth team (resulting in 1Bn MAUs). Itamar publishes a popular product managements newsletter and is the creator of a number of product management methodologies including GIST planning and the Confidence Tool.
Can I charge this event to my company?
Absolutely. Companies have allocated budgets for professional trainings like these and you can use your 2021 budget for this training. Please talk to your manager about acquiring a ticket through your company.
Can I pay using bank transfer?
Yes, as long as you're able to pay with Euros or USD. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an invoice.
Why am I asked to provide company name and VAT number?
We're collecting this information to comply with EU tax laws:
- If you're an EU company (except for Estonia) with an intracommunity VAT id, please enter that and you'll be charged 0% VAT
- If you're based outside the EU please enter your local tax id or 0 and you won't be charged VAT
- In all other cases (Estonian company, EU individual, EU company without intra-community VAT id) we will have to charge you 20% VAT. Please contact email@example.com and we will issue you an invoice with VAT included.
Will I get a Certificate of Completion?
Yes, participants that compete the course receive certificates like these: