Lean Product Management Workshop - June 2022
REGISTRATION CLOSED. FOR FUTURE WORKSHOPS SEE https://ti.to/itamar-gilad-events/
Join ex-Google PM Itamar Gilad to discover how Lean Product Management is transforming the way companies discover and build products. You'll practice hands-on dozens of modern PM tools: Strategic horizons, North star metric, OKRs, Idea banks, ICE scores, Confidence Meter, Assumption maps, AFTER framework, GIST board, and more.
You'll learn how to align your managers, stakeholders and team around customer-value, how to make evidence-based decisions, and how to develop truly high-impact products.
The workshop is designed for product managers/owners, product leaders, CPOs, and founders, as well as for cross-functional teams: eng leads, designers/researchers, data analysts, product marketing managers...
Can't make it? Leave your contact details below to be notified of future events
This workshop is focused on your success as a product person and as a leader. After you complete it you'll be able to:
- Align team, managers, stakeholders, team around common goals
- Choose the right ideas to build
- Move fast on execution and learning
- Reduce the overhead of planning and requirements (user stories / epics / tickets)
- Get agile teams to be more business-minded and autonomous
- Waste less time on debates and politics
- Think more strategically
- Have more fun at work...
How the workshop works
- We will hold 6 x 2-hour sessions over the course of two weeks
- Dates and times:
- Tue, June 14- 14:30-16:30 CET (8:30am-10:30am EST)
- Thu, June 16- 14:30-16:30 CET (8:30-10:30 EST)
- Tue, June 21- 14:30-16:30 CET (8:30-10:30 EST)
- Thu, June 23 - 14:30-16:30 CET (8:30-10:30 EST)
- Tue, June 28-14:30-16:30 CET (8:30-10:30 EST)
- Thu, June 30- 14:30-16:30 CET (8:30-10:30 EST)
- We will use Zoom, Google Docs and Slack
- Exercises are done in groups - we'll use shared workbooks
- You'll need a computer with a webcam with Zoom and Slack installed.
Note: to pay via bank transfer, please email email@example.com
Using a combination of lecture, hands-on exercises, real-world case studies, and facilitated discussion, you will learn:
- What is Lean Product Management and why it's different
- Vision, mission, product strategy and how create them
- Value-to-customer and how to measure it
- Market segmentation, and product market fit
- The GIST planning framework (Goals, Ideas, Steps, Tasks)
- Setting goals
- The north star metric and top business KPI
- Metrics trees
- Objectives and key results
- Collecting ideas in Idea banks
- ICE prioritization
- Measuring confidence levels with the Confidence Meter
- Breaking long projects into steps culminating in learning milestones
- Identifying assumptions
- Defining tests, experiments and MVPs
- Using GIST with agile teams
- Project management using the GIST board
- Building successful cross functional teams
- Working better with stakeholders and with managers
- Driving alignment
- How to stop being the project manager/backlog administrator
What you'll get
- 6 Online sessions: presentation, exercises, guided discussions, Q&A
- Workshop slides
- Online workbook for collaboration on exercises
- Templates and tools
- eBooks: Idea Testing, Product Frameworks, OKRs, ICE Scoring
- Unlimited Q&A with Itamar over email / Slack
- Access to the community of GIST practitioners
Itamar Gilad is a veteran product manager, coach, and speaker. For 20 years he held senior product management and engineering roles at Google, Microsoft and a number of startups. Now Itamar coaches, and trains product organization in companies large and small, including at Google, Bosch, Ikea, and King. Itamar publishes a popular product managements newsletter and is the creator of a number of product management methodologies including the GIST framework and the Confidence Meter.
Can I charge this event to my company?
Absolutely. Companies have allocated budgets for professional trainings like these and you can use your budget for this training. Please talk to your manager about acquiring a ticket through your company.
Can I pay using bank transfer?
Yes, as long as you're able to pay with Euros or USD. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an invoice.
Why am I asked to provide company name and VAT number?
We're collecting this information to comply with EU tax laws:
- If you're an EU company (except for Spain and Estonia) with an intra community VAT id, please enter that and you'll be charged 0% VAT
- If you're based outside the EU please enter your local tax id or 0 and you won't be charged VAT
- In all other cases (Estonian/Spanish company, EU individual, EU company without intra-community VAT id) we will have to add VAT according to EU laws. Please contact email@example.com and we will issue you an invoice with VAT included.