Online Lean Product Management Workshop - May-June 2021
This workshop is now finished. Check out future workshops here: https://ti.to/itamar-gilad-events
Join ex-Google product manager Itamar Gilad to discover how Lean Product Management is transforming the way companies discover and build products. You'll learn hands-on how to use dozens of modern PM tools: Strategic horizons, North star metric, OKRs, Idea banks, ICE scores, Confidence Meter, Assumption maps, AFTER framework, GIST board, and many more. This workshop will help you align your managers, stakeholders and team around customer-value, make evidence-based decisions, and create truly high-impact products.
The workshop is designed for product managers/owners, product leaders, CPOs, and founders, as well as for cross-functional teams: eng leads, UX leads, data analysts, and user researchers. We expect tickets to sell fast!
Can't make it? Leave your contact details below to be notified of future events
In this workshop you will learn how highly-effective product managers use the principles and tool of Lean Product Management to achieve consistent high results:
- Deliver high-impact products and features to the market
- Align team, managers, stakeholders around common goals
- Be more effective in negotiations with mangers, stakeholders, team
- Choose the right ideas to invest in
- Move fast on execution and learning
- Reduce the overhead of planning and requirements (user stories / epics / tickets)
- Get agile teams to be more business-minded and autonomous
- Waste less time on debates and politics
- Have more fun at work...
Note: to pay via bank transfer, please email email@example.com
How the workshop works
- The workshop takes place over six weeks - one 2hr online session per week.
- Dates and times:
- Wednesday May 19th 15:00-17:00 CEST (9:00-11:00 ET)
- Wednesday May 26th 15:00-17:00 CEST (9:00-11:00 ET)
- Wednesday June 2nd 15:00-17:00 CEST (9:00-11:00 ET)
- Wednesday June 9th 15:00-17:00 CEST (9:00-11:00 ET)
- Wednesday June 16th 15:00-17:00 CEST (9:00-11:00 ET)
- Wednesday June 23rd 15:00-17:00 CEST (9:00-11:00 ET)
- We will use Zoom, Google Docs and Slack
- Exercises can be completed individually or in a group
- It's recommended that you use a computer with a webcam. You also need a google account and have Zoom and Slack installed.
Here’s what you will learn
Using an engaging combination of lecture, hands-on exercises, real-world case studies, and facilitated discussion, you will learn how to:
- What is Lean Product Management and why it's different
- Vision, mission, product strategy and how create them
- Value-to-customer and how to measure it
- Market segmentation, and product market fit
- The GIST planning framework (Goals, Ideas, Steps, Tasks)
- Setting goals
- The north star metric and top business KPI
- Metrics trees
- Objectives and key results
- Collecting ideas in Idea banks
- ICE prioritization
- Measuring confidence levels with the Confidence Meter
- Breaking long projects into steps culminating in learning milestones
- Identifying assumptions
- Defining tests, experiments and MVPs
- Using GIST with agile teams
- Project management using the GIST board
- Building successful cross functional teams
- Working better with stakeholders and with managers
- Driving alignment
- How to stop being the project manager/backlog administrator
What you'll get
- 6 Online sessions: presentation, exercises, guided discussions, Q&A
- Online workbook for collaboration on exercises
- Templates and tools
- Ebooks: Idea Testing, Product Frameworks, OKRs
- Unlimited Q&A with Itamar over email / Slack
- Access to the community of GIST practitioners
Itamar Gilad is a veteran product manager, coach, and speaker. Over the past 20 years he held senior product management and engineering roles in Google, Microsoft and a number of startups. At Google Itamar launched Gmail's Tabbed Inbox and lead Gmail's growth team (resulting in 1Bn MAUs). Itamar publishes a popular product managements newsletter and is the creator of a number of product management methodologies including GIST planning and the Confidence Tool.
Can I charge this event to my company?
Absolutely. Companies have allocated budgets for professional trainings like these. Please talk to your manager about acquiring a ticket through your company.
Can I pay using bank transfer?
Yes, as long as you're able to pay with Euros or USD. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an invoice.
Why am I asked to provide company name and VAT number?
We're collecting this information to comply with EU tax laws:
- If you're an EU company (except for Estonia) with an intracommunity VAT id, please enter that and you'll be charged 0% VAT
- If you're based outside the EU please enter your local tax id or 0 and you won't be charged VAT
- In all other cases (Estonian company, EU individual, EU company without intra-community VAT id) we will have to charge you 20% VAT. Please contact email@example.com and we will issue you an invoice with VAT included.