The Games Industry Ultimate Holiday Party Palooza
DECEMBER 18, 2020
11PM (17th) – 11PM (18th) PST
2AM (18th) – 2AM (19th) EST
7AM (18th) – 7AM (19th) GMT
6PM (18th) – 6PM (19th) AEDT
This event is open to those that are professionally working in the games industry.
Hosted Zoom meetings, purchase your ticket and you can join and leave at any point during the 24 hour party period.
Because this year has been rough, and we all miss mingling with friends and making new connections in the games industry. We figured out a way to do it virtually that doesn’t suck, so let’s end this year on a FUN note. Not only that, but 100% of proceeds from this event will go towards the IGDA Foundation and their quest to provide support for under-represented developers around the world via their Online Diversity Program.
The format has been perfected by the Games Industry Gathering over the last 6 months. Every 20 minutes you will be placed into a random breakout room with 4-5 other folks from the games industry to where you’ll have a chance to chat with people who you may not typically meet, find unique opportunities to socialize, and maybe even have some interesting business discussions.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER, READ THESE RULES!
- GAMES INDUSTRY ONLY There is a time and a place where this could be a fun thing for the general public or different communities, but for the moment we want to keep this limited to professionals that work in the games industry in various capacities (i.e. no students sorry!)
- NO RECORDING Unless it’s agreed upon by everyone on the screen at any given time, this isn’t a group where the conversations would end up being streamed online. A few photos for social is fine but ask permission first.
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO DRINK Just like the real conventions, plenty of people are meeting and greeting without knocking back shots of tequila, so no pressure either way.
- DON’T BE A JERK Let’s be super clear on this one – any form of harassment, such as but not limited to gender identity/expression, race, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, or religion, will not be tolerated. If anyone makes a complaint against you to the hosts, we will immediately kick you from the call and you will not be able to join (no matter how much you paid for your ticket). We have a ZERO TOLERANCE level for anyone who makes others feel unsafe.
- HELP SUPPORT UNDERREPRESENTED DEVELOPERS All the money you spend on a ticket will go to supporting the IGDA Foundation and their online diversity program, so please consider increasing the amount you spend when purchasing your ticket!
NO REFUNDS! - The team behind Games Industry Gathering has been doing this for a year, however as with any virtual event, you just never know what might go wrong! We’ll do our absolute best to accommodate and sort you all out, but just in case of worst-case scenarios like you cannot get access or the whole server falls apart, we will not be issuing refunds. Consider it a donation to a good cause!
Tickets Prices in USD
Closer to the event we'll send you a zoom link - click to join at any point during the event's 22 hours, and you'll be welcomed into the call by one of our hosts, who will be on hand during the entire event to help and assist you.
You'll then be placed into a random breakout room with 4-5 other gaming industry folks for 20 minutes, where you’ll have a chance to chat with people who you may not typically meet, find unique opportunities to socialize, and maybe even have some interesting business discussions.