OERizona: Open Practices, Open People
A free, day-long workshop where participants will engage in hands-on activities with open educational resources (OER) and open educational practices/pedagogies (OEP).
RSVP NOW to reserve your spot at this free event.
Can't make it to Arizona? RSVP as a virtual participant.
Held on Tuesday 29 Oct, the day before the Open Education 2019 conference (30 Oct–1 Nov), OERizona welcomes #OpenEd19 attendees and others from Arizona and beyond with any level of open education experience — from curious newcomers to practiced champions. We encourage educators, librarians, instructional designers, educational technologists, and people in other roles supporting teaching and learning to join us for this day of active exploration and collaboration. You’ll walk away with:
- Open education artifacts produced during the workshop
- New skills and understanding
- Connections with peers at other institutions working on open education projects
- Ideas about how to extend open education in your own practices and with peers at your institution
Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be provided. After the workshop, join other participants for a no-host social gathering at a nearby location.
A more detailed program will be available before the event.
- 8:30–9:30am: Breakfast
- 9:30am–12pm: Welcome, Provocations and Hands-on Activities
- 12–1pm: Lunch and Networking
- 1–4pm: More Provocations and Hands-on Activities
- After OERizona: No-Host Social Gathering
Not ready to RSVP? Scroll down on this page to subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates about OERizona.
Not ready to RSVP? Subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates about OERizona.
Contact Nate Angell on behalf of the OERizona team with questions or suggestions.