Investing Together - HBAN Female Investor Masterclass
Women are underrepresented in Angel investing around the world. It is estimated that in the UK women hold 45% of wealth but only 14% of UK Business angels are women. In Ireland, this issue is more pronounced where only 8% of active angels within HBAN are women.
As part of our commitment to encouraging diversity in the start-up and angel investment ecosystem, HBAN are hosting a female investor masterclass on Wednesday 20th at 5.30 pm, in Mason Hayes & Curran.
The masterclass will include an introduction to our network, a panel discussion with new and experienced investors and pitches from early stage, innovative start-ups to give attendees an idea of what HBAN has to offer. This will be followed by a drinks reception and networking.
The goal of this event is to encourage women to become more active as angel investors in Ireland. We welcome anyone that is interesting in learning more about becoming an investor in addition to existing members of HBAN.
Please note this is an Investor Only Event
There are many benefits of becoming a HBAN business angel, all of which enhance the possible success and returns of investing:
- Qualified deal flow: pre-screened investment opportunities by HBAN
- Diversified portfolio: portfolio investing is a lower risk approach to investment compared to the higher risk ‘all eggs in one basket’ approach
- Pooling of economic resources: pooling of funds provides the opportunity to invest in several companies and/or in larger deals
- Pooling of skills, contacts and experience: being part of the network you will benefit from each other’s skills, networks of contacts and experience.
- Due diligence: ability to undertake a greater level of due diligence.
- Recognition: a formal business angel network can leverage its recognition in the investment community to attract deal flow to a greater extent than an individual can
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch and we look forward to welcoming you on Wednesday, November 20th.