Hack For Equality
Work in the tech sector? Want to help get a yes vote on May 22nd?
A group of people from the Irish Tech Community are teaming up with the YesEquality campaign to Hack for Equality. We'll be working on ways that technology can improve the turnout and help get a yes vote.
We'll start on the day at 9.30am and keep going until 8pm. There'll be all sorts of attendees on the day, with everyone from campaign volunteers, designers, software developers, testing gurus and many more.
Kindly sponsored by Facebook, they'll be hosting us in their International Headquarters in Dublin's Silicon Docks. While there, they'll be keeping us fed and watered with some of their world-class food and drinks.
If you want to start getting organised before the hackathon itself, we've setup a few places you can collaborate
- Do you like Facebook? Try our Facebook Group
- Already on the ITC Slack? We're hanging out on #marriage_equality!
- Mad about Twitter? Follow along with #HackForEquality
- Spend your days on GitHub? Open issues on the HackDay repo to discuss ideas / make suggestions.
- Big fan of the Google? We're tracking project ideas here
Code of Conduct
We want this event to be safe, diverse, harassment-free and basically just fun for everyone involved. As such, we expect attendees to be respectful of each other. Consider it a real world extension of the ITC Slack channels and assume that the ITC Code of Conduct applies in both spirit and letter.
For questions on the code of conduct, feel free to contact an event organiser (phone numbers will be posted at the venue)
- Colm Doyle firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacqui Russell email@example.com
Public Transport / Getting There
Facebook's Dublin office is located at 4 Grand Canal Square, right beside the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre. The area is well served by public transport, including
- Bus: The following routes travel to/near the venue : 1, 47, 56a, 77a, 15a, 15b
- Rail: The nearest train stations are: Grand Canal Dock DART (approx 11 mins), Pearse Station (approx 12 mins), Connolly Station (approx 16 minutes)
- Last trains to
- Cork : 9pm from Heuston Station
- Galway: 7:35pm from Heuston Station
- Belfast: 8.50pm from Connolly Station
- Luas: The Red Line Stop at Mayor Square is approximately 15 minutes walk.
The event has no connection with these hotels, but they are offered to save you some googling.
Sign up now!
As the event is being hosted in Facebook's offices, it's standard for them to ask each visitor to sign a non-disclosure agreement. You'll be provided with a copy of this NDA on the day, but if you wish to see it in advance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you a copy.