Eircode is a smart location postcode for all Irish postal addresses. Every address across the country has a unique Eircode which shows exactly where it is located. It is now possible to quickly identify distances and routes between addresses. It is also possible to calculate distance and identify the optimum route to or from previously non-unique addresses.
We want to explore the benefits of Government data sets and the use of Eircodes further. We are hosting a 1-day hack event inviting creative minds, technologists, designers, policy experts and innovators to come together and find ways to make it easier for people to locate and interact with government services. Hackers will be tasked with developing solutions to challenges set on this one day event.
The event will be held in the NDRC The Digital Exchange, Crane Street, Dublin, D08 HKR9, Ireland on the 10 February 2017 and is partnership with the following State bodies:
- The Department of Communications, Climate Action & Environment (DCCAE)
- The Health Service Executive (HSE)
- eHealth Ireland (eHealth Ireland)
- Fingal CoCo (eHealth Ireland)
- NDRC (NDRC)
- The Department of Public Expenditure & Reform (DPER)
- The Local Government Management Agency (LGMA)
- The National Transport Authority (NTA)
- Dublin City University (DCU)
- Ordinance Survey Ireland (OSI)
Registration is not currently available.