Git & GitHub Advanced Workshop - Dublin
This workshop runs from 9:30am-5:30pm
TCube Dublin is proud to announce its first Git & GitHub Advanced Workshop in Dublin.
Many Git workshops successfully focus on the basics for those new to DVCS. However, with Git having a full 5 years on the street now, there is a growing desire to address the maturing users of this innovative DVCS. Led by Lorna Jane Mitchell this full-day workshop will take existing Git users and bring them to a heightened level of productivity by leveraging Git’s powerful, yet underused “advanced” features.
- Common Branching Strategies
- Branching Models
- Applying Branching Strategies
- Branch Pull Options
- Reusing Small Pieces of Code
- Inserting Commits Into Existing History
- Building Custom Commands via Aliases
- Undoing and Re-doing Almost Anything
- Minimizing Repetitive Conflict Resolution
- Log History Searches
- Advanced Interactive Rebase
- Commit Data Structure Internals
- Enabling Git users to effectively migrate repositories from other formats.
- Facilitate history modification of Git repositories.
- Establish time-tested branching and merging strategies.
- Enhance knowledge of Git tools to simplify history.
- Search Git history with ease and precision.
- Move to and reuse code on other branches via commits and tags.
- Understand Git’s tagging and GPG signing process.
- Basic knowledge about a version control system is recommended, whether that be Subversion, CVS, Perforce, StarTeam, SourceSafe, ClearCase or any similar product.
- GitHub and Git Class Prerequisites
Seats for the full day workshop are priced at €149.00 and include refreshments and lunch. But hurry - seats are limited so avoid disappointment and secure yours now by registering above!
Registration is not currently available.