Information law is an emerging area of law dealing with public access to information, the right to privacy and the balance between the two. It includes Freedom of Information, Access to Environmental Information, Re-use of Public Sector Information, Data Protection and other laws affecting information access and control. This half-day event is a unique opportunity for lawyers, FOI Officers, journalists and others interested in the field to hear from experts about the most recent developments and the outlook for this fast-developing area of law.
This years' #InfoLaw will have a data protection focus. It's almost a year since GDPR came into force. We have seen the first fines levied in Europe, the rise of NGOs and group actions and the first cohort of DPOs are finding their feet and defining this unique role in the public sector and big organisations.
The conference takes place on Friday 22 March 2019 from 8.30 AM until 1.00 PM
- Mr Justice Max Barrett - Judge of the High Court
- Deirdre Kilroy – Partner and head of Intellectual Property, Matheson
- Elizabeth Farries – Information Rights Project Manager, Irish Council for Civil Liberties
- David Fennelly BL- Barrister and Assistant Professor, Trinity College Dublin
- Jennifer McGrath – Data Protection Officer, Houses of the Oireachtas Service-
- Rachael Gallagher – Manager, Deloitte
Full details of the speakers and their topics: Click here
Reserve your tickets
Registration is not currently available.