'Allyship in Tech' Empowering an Inclusive Culture
Diversity in Tech Week 2018
Location: The Urban Garden, Dogpatch Labs
We are pleased to invite you to 'Allyship in Tech', an intimate, invite-only evening event where 100 leaders and change agents will engage in discussion around how each of us can become an 'Ally' to accelerate a culture of inclusion.
Delivered to mark International Women’s Day on the evening of Thursday March 8, this is a key event within Dogpatch Labs Diversity In Tech Week.
- 6:00 - Arrival, Networking & Welcome Address
- 6:45 - Roundtable Workshop Session
- 7:30 - 4-Chair Fishbowl Panel
- 8:15 - Final Takeaways followed by Reception
This participatory event is designed to provide an opportunity for real dialogue in a safe setting, focusing in particular on facilitated conversation between the curated set of invitees taking part. The 100 carefully curated attendees will range from startup founders and tech ecosystem leaders to C-level executives and change activists.
Who will be joining us
Some of the leaders who will be taking part in the event include:
- Mark Little and Áine Kerr, co-founders of startup Neva Labs, most recently with Twitter and Facebook and behind the successful startup Storyful
- Bernie O'Connor, Diversity and Inclusion Specialist at ESB, leading pioneering programs such as BeMe@ESB the company’s LGBTQ and allies network
- Chris Burgess, VP of IT, Expedia IT at Expedia, a senior tech thought leader & inspirational 'Ally'
- Dr. J Harrison, Thoughtworks, out as Non-Binary GenderQueer for over 10 years, bringing queer theory into the tech space thanks to Thoughtworks' dedication to inclusivity and intersectionality
- Sinéad Burke, writer, academic and recently a Davos delegate, renowned for her 'Why Design Should Include Everyone' TED Talk
- Maria Walsh, business woman, broadcaster and creative, the first openly gay Rose of Tralee and lifelong pioneer
- Jonathan Hammond, Global Head of Unilever Foundry, Unilever's start-up collaboration program
- Chevy Johnston, Ulster Bank, Co-Chair RBS Rainbow Network Ireland and Financial Services Inclusion Network (FuSIoN) representative
- Chisara Nwabara, Pivotal's EMEA Diversity and Inclusion Co-Lead currently specialising in inclusion awareness and executive leadership strategy, crafting programs, initiatives and conversations for this journey
- Sarita Johnston, Manager Female Entrepreneurship at Enterprise Ireland responsible for managing key initiatives to support Female Entrepreneurs across Ireland
- Claire Hough, VP Engineering at Udemy who has been a leader in the Silicon Valley technology world for more than two decades