February 2016 Dojo
Join us for the second Python Dojo of the new year! Practice your coding skills in a fun, laid-back environment and get to know your fellow Python programmers!
The normal schedule is as follows:
- 6:30 - 7:30 -- Arrive, eat pizza, socialize
- 7:00ish -- vote on a coding challenge for the evening and divide into teams
- 7:15 - 9:00 -- Work in teams to find a solution to the night's problem
- 9:00ish -- Show & Tell
We're a "London Rules" Python Dojo in DC -- a chance for coders to get together and work on a programming challenge in small groups.
What it is:
• A place to learn and experiment
• A safe place to fail, pick yourself up, and try again
• A time to enjoy coding outside of work / school
What it isn't:
• A place for only expert programmers -- all levels welcome!
• A place to take yourself too seriously
• A chance to get help on a specific problem you've been working on (but do come to DC Python Office Hours for that!)
We'll start with food, drinks, and socializing, when we'll brainstorm ideas for projects and vote on one to work on. We'll randomly divide ourselves into small groups and furious coding will commence! An hour and a half later we'll gather again for show and tell.
If you'd like to know more about the "London Rules" dojo, here's a couple of links:
Please note this event is not organized or operated through or in association with DC Python / ZPUGDC Inc