Cuidiú Waterford Antenatal Ireland Class
Waterford branch is delighted to offer a fun and informative antenatal workshop to local parents in the Waterford/ Wexford region. This workshop is subsidised in part by the National Lottery and will be hosted by Germaine Creevy; Cuidiú Antenatal Ireland Teacher.
This 1-day course will help you to prepare for a positive birth, boost your confidence and support you in making informed decisions for birth and parenting. In order to optimise your learning, groups are small (maximum 8 tickets) and your partner is welcome to attend. These classes are tailored to your individual needs. Everyone has time and attention to get questions answered and to practice skills needed for labour and early parenthood.
Suitable for 24 weeks to 38 weeks in pregnancy.
Highlights of the workshop:
- Informed decision making
- Role of the partner
- Pain relief options
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Comfort measures and positions for birth
- Medical Interventions (e.g. induction, caesarean)
- Early days with your newborn and infant care
- Postpartum care and breastfeeding basics
All attendees will receive an annual membership to Cuidiú.
- Arrival for a 10am start time.
- Parking is convenient on-site.
- Refreshments of tea/ coffee will provided during break time @ 11am @ 4pm
- Lunch can be purchased in restaurant/ bar @ 1-2pm
- Optional for expectant parents to bring paper/pen and a shawl/ pashmina/ lightweight scarf (for rebozo demo). Pregnant parents may wish to bring an exercise/ birth ball if helpful to stay comfortable when seated
- Finish 6pm