Introduction to the Tidyverse Toolkit for R
We are delighted to have Kevin O'Brien back to mentor a beginner-friendly R workshop introducing the tidyverse toolkit. You will need to bring your laptop (and don't forget charger), and have R installed.
You will need to bring your laptop (and don't forget charger), and have the following installed:
- R - https://cran.r-project.org/
- RStudio - https://www.rstudio.com/
- For those using Macs, make sure you install XQuartz, this is a big download - http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/
The workshop will be broken down into four segments.
- Fundamentals of R : using the R environment, CRAN, working with R packages
- Data Manipulation with dplyr :
- Data Visualization with ggplot2 :
- A crash course on R for Statistics: We might not get to spend too much time on this, but here we will look at running some straightforward statistical procedures with R: t-tests, variance tests, cluster analysis, testing normality etc
The materials will be on-line at RWorkshop.github.io.
More details to follow and registration opening soon, we are finalising venue.
Follow @codinggrace for updates.
Registration is not currently available.