Age-Inclusive Learning Network Series
The Age-Inclusive Learning Network brings professionals with an interest in age inclusion together online, to hear and share best practice, share learning, network and to hear from a topic expert speaker covering issues such as menopause, recruitment, retirement, pensions and savings, and positive aging.
There are a range of topic-specific workshops available and participants can register for one or multiple sessions.
The Learning Network is aimed to those in HR with in interest in Diversity & Inclusion or with line-managing duties, based in Northern Ireland.
Menopause in the Workplace: Support Strategies & Best Practice | 13 December | 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Join us for a workshop designed to equip HR, DEI, D&I and operations professionals with the tools they need to effectively address the impact of menopause on women in their organisations. We'll delve into assessing your current policies and practices and explore strategies to support and retain women through a menopause-friendly workplace culture.
Via this event we aim to facilitate meaningful discussions around the challenges women face during menopause and share insights, solutions, and best practices.
In this workshop, we will cover:
* Understanding menopause | Insights into what menopause is and its various aspects.
* Implications for women at work | Explore the specific challenges that women encounter during this life stage.
* Current Challenges | Identify the current obstacles women face in the workplace related to menopause.
* Supporting women for wellbeing, performance, and retention
* Join us at this informative workshop and be part of the journey toward creating more inclusive and supportive workplaces.
Caring for Carers | 24 January | 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Caregiver stress can be particularly damaging, since it is typically a chronic, long-term challenge. Many people have responsibilities for other people, and sometimes this duty can become extremely stressful and demanding. This Learning Network will support HR professionals to take effective care towards their employees and also themselves in regards to caring responsibilities.
* Recognising signs and symptoms causing caregiver stress
* Effective communication around caregiving responsibilities
* Building resilience
* Signposting for more support around carers and care-giving responsibilities
* Cultivating patience, self-compassion and empathy
The Age-Inclusive Learning Network is part of Age at Work, a partnership programme between Business in the Community and Age NI, and funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.