Leading engineering teams for new managers - March 2024
Inspire, motivate, and grow your team. Become an effective engineering manager and leader.
There is strong demand for capable software engineering leaders everywhere from small start up companies to large scale well-established firms. And most of them not only want managers to meet and deliver outcomes, they want a leader who has the right set of skills to create a healthy team environment that enables growth and longevity.
Many assume leadership skills are innate. This is not true. Leadership consists of established best practices that can be learned by all.
This workshop will prepare you to lead with empathy and confidence, with the application of everyday leadership. You will learn a set of tools to put your new knowledge into practice immediately.
This workshop is most suited to new, current, and prospective engineering managers and team leads. If you have been managing for less than a couple of years, have a yearning to continuously improve, want to lead your team to the next level of effectiveness, contribute, and learn from like-minded people, this workshop is for you!
For more details, see the workshop page on our site
Monday, 18 March 2024
- Your leadership style
- Practice delegation
- Growing team culture
Tuesday, 19 March 2024
- Giving feedback
- Practice difficult conversations and confrontations
- Learn a framework for collaboratively solving problems
Wednesday, 20 March 2024
- Mentoring, coaching and sponsoring: how to help people become high performers
- Effective 1-on-1s to maximise people’s feeling of certainty, progress, inclusion, growth, and engagement.
Thursday, 21 March 2024
- Productivity, prioritisation, and how to move things forward
- Balancing speed, quality and technical debt
- Define what success in the role looks like for you