Diagnosing and Improving Agile Capability
A 6-session, 3-Week Workshop designed by Diana Larsen, James Shore, and Michael Tardiff to inspire dramatic leaps in your coaching practice.
Gain the Skills you need to diagnose and improve your organization’s agility, inspire change, and lead leaders. Become a licensed Agile Fluency Facilitator.
In this intensive and immersive three-week workshop, you’ll learn to use the Agile Fluency Suite (Agile Fluency Model, Lifecycle, and Diagnostic) to see your organization as a system, understand its dynamics, and influence change. You’ll practice coaching leaders, teams, and peers to systematically steward the transition to best-fit excellence in Agile. Industry pioneers, Diana Larsen and James Shore, developed and/or curated the course materials to support the work of independent advisors, internal coaches, and team leaders.
Designed to serve as a framework to systematically engage new clients and guide systematic change, the Agile Fluency Suite provides a framework to dramatically improve your clients’ organizations, and as a result, your career.
As an external advisor, the Agile Fluency Suite is your toolkit to build relationships with influential leaders responsible for at least five teams, enabling diagnostic fees of $5,000 to $10,000 per team and total engagements of $50,000 to $250,000 and beyond. Internal advisors and coaches, expect improvements of 5-10% or more per team, leading to improvements worth $50-100K per team per year.
Note: This workshop is a condensed version of our Agile Fluency Facilitators’ Workshop. Because this is an accelerated course, there is less opportunity for deliberate practice and individual attention. If you would like to explore and register for the full Agile Fluency Facilitators Workshop – a 3 month, 8 session, remote experience built on a sequence of real-life, hand-on deliberate practice assignments with interim coaching - GO HERE.
Inside the Facilitator Training
Utilizing small class sizes with a maximum of 6 experienced Agile practitioners, you’ll learn through hands-on practice, gaining the skills you need to use the Agile Fluency tools as your guiding framework for client engagements. Expert Agile Fluency trainers facilitate each workshop as you earn your license to apply the Suite.
Upon completion of the training, you'll receive an electronic facilitation kit, one-year access to our private facilitators’ forum, one-year listing on our Diagnostic page, and a one-year license to use the Agile Fluency Suite with as many companies and teams as you like. In addition, We also have optional one-to-one mentoring sessions. Licenses may be renewed annually.
Registration is limited to 6 participants.
Course Content (see program overview below)
- Becoming a Licensed Agile Fluency Facilitator
- Making the Agile Fluency Suite a part of your practice
- Agile Fluency Model - Discovering (and creating) perfect clients
- Agile Fluency Diagnostic - Understanding teams and the organizational system
- Agile Fluency Improvement Cycle - Influencing change, partnering with management, iterating on feedback.
- And a bundle of supporting materials
- Why the Agile Fluency Model encourages leaders to share their perspectives and invest in their teams
- How to have confidence in describing the model and working with an investment plan
- How to facilitate the Agile Fluency Diagnostic workshop so both teams and leaders benefit
- How to develop a compelling team investment plan owned by the leaders that create it
- How the Agile Fluency Improvement Cycle supports coaches in doing their best work and teams in building fluent proficiency in their “best fit” zone
Who Should Attend Pre-requisites: minimum three years experience with multiple Agile teams. Preferred: five years, and experience with teams across multiple organizations.
- Experienced Agile Coaches and Consultants - Independent and Freelance
- Experienced Agile Coaches - Solo internal doing it all
- Experienced Agile Coaches - Internal members of Agile Centers of Excellence
- Experienced Software Project Managers - Internal members of Agile PMO”s
- Seasoned Scrum Masters ready to make the leap into Agile Coaching
(Six, .5 Day Sessions, ~21 Instruction Hours) Please note: Sessions will run 11:00am-2:30pm Pacific Standard Time. Please adjust for your local time. We use timeanddate.com or worldtimebuddy.com for a handy reference.
Week 1 (Feb 22 and Feb 23)
- Liftoff**: Charter a Learning Cohort**
- Learning through co-intelligence
- Framing the Opportunity (part 1)
- Agile Fluency Model Deep Dive
- Gain Confidence with the Model
- Stakeholder Discovery
Week 2 (Mar 1 and Mar 2)
- Framing the Opportunity (part 2)
- Introduce the Improvement Cycle
- Discovering Opportunities for Orgs, Leaders, and Coaches
- Understanding the System
- Agile Fluency Diagnostic - Collecting data and inspiring action
- Agile Fluency Diagnostic - Team Interviews and Workshop
- Creating Reports - Using qualitative and quantitative data
- Reporting to Teams
Week 3 (Mar 8 and Mar 9)
- Partnering with Management
- Creating Reports with Recommendations
- Reporting to Leaders
- Investment Planning
- Guiding the Engagement
- Improvement Cycle & Feedback Loops
- Implementing the Suite
- Planning Your Next Steps
- License Logistics
- Ongoing Support & Resources
Need a better fit for your schedule?
Workshops are recurring, and happen throughout the year. See the Agile Fluency Project Workshops & Events page for new dates they become available. Questions? Need more details? In-depth information about the Agile Fluency Suite and the Facilitators Workshop are available on our website. To ask a question, Contact Us for a quick response.
Coronavirus Precautions for this Workshop
This course will be held virtually.
Registration is not currently available.