IACBA Conference 2022
Date: Friday 25th November 2022
Registration starts at 1.30pm. Networking and light lunch of tea/ coffee/ sandwiches served during registration.
Start Time: 2pm
Tea/ coffee break at 3.40pm.
Finish Time: 5.30pm
Drinks reception will follow after the conference concludes.
Welcome Address: Michael Conlon SC, Chair, IACBA
Opening Address & Conference Chair: The Hon. Ms. Justice Marie Baker
Speakers & Topics include;
- Advocate General Anthony Collins ~ The Rule of Law and the Availability of Remedies in Migration Law
- David Conlan Smyth SC ~ Commission’s New Pact on Migration and Asylum: Increased rights or a move to the right?
- Conor Power SC ~ Refusal of relief on discretionary grounds, in particular lack of candour
- David Leonard BL ~ Internal relocation and external challenges
- John Stanley BL ~ Issues connected to the Citizenship Act, 1956
- Professor Siobhan Mullally, UN Special Rapporteur on trafficking in persons, especially in women and children ~ Trafficking in persons, access to international protection and developments in European human rights law
- Professor Violeta Moreno-Lax, Queen Mary University of London ~ "Crisification" as a Tool of Migration Control: Insights from the EU Legal Order
3 CPD Points
This conference is open to all. To attend this conference, please register below.
Group discount available on tickets – buy 7 places, get 1 place free. Use discount code DIS1FR to avail below of this discount.
Group booking requests/ Invoice requests, please contact email@example.com
EARLY BIRD RATE AVAILABLE UNTIL 9PM ON MONDAY 21 NOV 2022.