EUBA Event with Amicale des référendaires: Evolving Trends in the Practice of EU Law
- May 9th, 2023
- Gaffney Room
EUBA Event with Amicale des référendaires
Date: 9th May 2023
Start Time: 4.45pm (registration starts at 4.30pm)
Finish Time: 6.15pm
Location: Gaffney Room (in person only)
Event Theme: Practice of EU Law before the Irish & EU Courts: Evolving Trends
Speakers & Topics:
- Chair: Noel Travers SC
- Keynote Speaker: The Hon. Mr. Justice Gerard Hogan, Judge of the Supreme Court - Explaining Costello v. Government of Ireland
- Julien Sterck, referendaire - EU Values and Article 2 TEU
- David Fennelly BL - The Real Life of EU Law
- Sebastien Thomas, referendaire - Evolving Role of the General Court of the EU in the Union's Judicial Architecture
- Followed by 20 minute Q&A session
To attend this event, please register below.
1.5 CPD points.
This event will be followed by a drinks reception in the Sheds.
The EU Bar Association is a specialist bar association for Irish barristers who practise in the area of EU Law. It was established in December 2016 with the purpose of providing a forum for barristers who practise or possess expertise in the area of EU law or who would wish to develop such practice or expertise.
The EUBA provides specialist education to its members through seminars, conferences and morning briefing sessions which seek to keep members up to date on developments in a complex and fast moving area of EU law.
The EUBA promotes the Bar as a specialist provider of advocacy and legal advice in this area.
For more information, go to www.euba.ie