A discussion on climate/environmental matters and the role of arbitration
Arbitration Ireland & Irish Rule of Law invite you to a discussion entitled
The Winds of change for the Rule of Law: A Discussion on Climate Impacts and the Role of Arbitration
on Wednesday, 5th May 2021 at 16.00 – 17.15 IST
Moderator: Catherine Donnelly SC, The Bar of Ireland
Professor Raphael J. Heffron (EU Jean Monnet Professor & Senior Counsel, Janson, Belgium), Centre for Energy, Petroleum, Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee, UK
Conor Linehan, Head of William Fry’s Environment & Planning Group.
Topics for discussion include:
- Contractual obligations of private sector regarding climate and wider environmental threats·
- De-risking projects in relation to climate and environmental concerns·
- How climate and environmental developments will impact upon arbitration practice·
- The changing nature of the Rule of Law and what it means ·
- What is currently happening in the world of arbitration/ADR in the context of climate change; ·
- What climate-related disputes are coming before Arbitral tribunals and what type of disputes might arise in the future
Registration is not currently available.